At MoreLife, we know that being overweight as a child can affect confidence and self-esteem. A child who is struggling with their weight may often feel overwhelmed and out of control.
At Camp, we run unique educational and confidence-building sessions. This isn’t like school, but we do run workshop-style sessions to help children understand their weight and take ownership.
These sessions cover a wide range of topics including:
- Food preparation/tasting
- Portion sizes and how to control them
- Eating a varied diet, foods to eat and how much
- Weekly trips to the supermarket
- Reading and understanding food labels
- Recipes, Meal plans and food diaries
- Takeaways and eating out
- The importance of five-a-day
- How much fat and sugar are in foods and drinks
- Special occasions and celebrations
- Triggers and overcoming barriers
- Positive thinking
- Fun and outdoors